Thursday, January 12, 2012

Talking in present tenses...

All in all, I have to admit that 2011 was a pretty good year.
  • I got my nose pierced
  • I (poorly) attempted to learn to play the guitar
  • Traveled by plane for the first time and got to spend spring break in California with my toes in the Pacific Ocean.
  • Went to LeakyCon 2011 down in Orlando and spent WAY too much money on random geekery. I regret nothing.
  • Saw the final Harry Potter film the day before it was released in a theater with some of the actors.
  • Watched my brother graduate twice. Once from high school in June and, again, from boot camp down in Parris Island, South Carolina.
  • Read many, MANY books.
  • Got to welcome two new beautiful little girls into the world: Emma Grace and Stella Bean. Maybe I'm just biased, but I'm pretty sure my cousins produce the most beautiful children on earth.
  • Saw (in no particular order) Neil Young, Good Charlotte, Toby Keith, Bert Jansch, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Bob Dylan and Taylor Swift in concert.
  • (briefly) Danced with Hank Green at the Yule Ball.
  • Spent Christmas singing silly songs and opening toys for a small army of toddlers. It was lovely.
  • Started taking grad classes....and realized that they are absolutely no different from regular undergrad classes.
  • "Deleted" my Facebook account at least four times. Such a rebel.
  • Watched a lot of trash TV....but a lot of amazing TV too (Dexter and Six Feet Under being amongst favorites)
  • Got to drink Butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks...and felt like a total bad ass.
  • Drank Starbucks on a beach in Malibu...and felt like a total cliche.
  • Had a cheerleading squad cheer for myself and a friend as we returned a wallet to an old man on Santa Monica Pier.
  • Spent an entire night walking around in high heels without making a fool of myself.
OHHH and also I got accepted to this little study abroad program at the University of Limerick in Ireland and I'm actually leaving to spend the next six months in Europe, like, tomorrow. Upon the request of many, this blog has been created but I make no promises; I'm a cruddy writer and even worse at making regular updates BUT, as I leave the most excellent 2011 behind me, I must admit that, so far, 2012 looks pretty damn promising.

So I'll try (fingers crossed) to make this blog cool and interesting. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment